ILLiad offers the convenient option of having articles delivered to you without ever going to the library or waiting for mail delivery.
Expect electronic articles to be available on your virtual desktop a few days sooner than a paper photocopy would arrive on your real desktop.
- Do I need to sign up for electronic delivery?
- How do I know if my computer can receive electronic articles?
- How do I get Adobe Acrobat Reader?
- How do I get my articles when they arrive?
- How do I know which requests will be electronically delivered and which ones will not?
- What if I do not want electronic delivery?
- What if I have questions about electronic delivery?
- What if I accidentally delete an electronically delivered article/photocopy?
- How long will my electronically delivered article/photocopy be available?
Do I need to sign up for electronic delivery?No, electronic delivery is the default delivery method for all ILLiad article/photocopy requestst.
How do I know if my computer can receive electronic articles?
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed and configured to work with your Web browser in order to view, download, and print these articles. If you can read the sample page, then your computer has the necessary software installed to work with your Web browser. However, if your computer tells you the file type is unknown and asks if you want to save the file to disk, then you need to install the Adobe Acrobat Reader software.
How do I get Adobe Acrobat Reader?
Adobe Acrobat Reader is available without charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. Click the "Get Adobe Reader" button to go directly to the download page.
How do I get my articles when they arrive?
- Logon to ILLiad
- From the main menu, click the "Electronically Received Articles" link under the View Requests options.
- A list will be displayed containing all of the items that you have waiting to be viewed or downloaded.
How do I know which requests will be electronically delivered and which ones will not?
ILLiad sends you an e-mail notification for each item received. That e-mail will include information about the delivery method. All article/photocopy requests will be delivered electronically and the email will include a link to the ILLiad Logon screen so you can access your personal ILLiad account. Email notifications for the arrival of Book/Thesis requests will include the library location you have selected to pick up the requested physical item from.
What if I do not want electronic delivery?
Electronic delivery is the ILLiad default delivery method for article/photocopy requests.
What if I have questions about electronic delivery?
You can e-mail questions to ILLiad@midwestern.edu or call us at (630) 515-6200.
What if I accidentally delete an electronically delivered article/photocopy?
Recover the article request PDF file you have deleted by clicking on the "Electronically Received Articles" link and then clicking on the link "undelete" that is positioned above the U.S. Copyrigtht Notice. This will open up a list of all the PDF files you have deleted that can be undeleted. Click on the "undelete" button for the ILLiad transaction you want to recover and the PDF file will be restored to your "Electronically Received Articles" list.
How long will my electronically delivered article/photocopy be available?
Article/Photocopy requests delivered to your personal ILLiad account will be available for 30 days from the date the item was originally posted.